2021 Christmas Trees at Smolak Farms
Smolak Farms is your destination for everything merry and bright. We offer pre-cut and cut-your-own trees on our picturesque farm complete with our fallow deer. We will have cut Balsam and Frasier Firs from five feet and to a soaring fourteen feet. Our staff is happy to assist you in netting and securing your cut tree.
In addition to trees, we will have other seasonal items to make your home festive. Whether it be wreaths, kissing balls or roping, we have something for every home.
“The perfect Christmas Tree, is the tree that you and your family choose together”
PRE- CUT TREES
Pre-cut trees are now available! Hundreds to choose from! Fraser & Balsam of all sizes. Located behind the farm stand.
- Varieties: Fraser & Balsam
- Over 1,000 Fresh Cut Trees to choose from
- Tree Lot Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm until 11/24, and then 8:00am – 6:00pm after Thanksgiving
- Tree Lot is Closed Thanksgiving Day
- Balsam trees $69+ (plus tax) – 6′ to 15′
- Fraser trees $113+ (plus tax) – 6′ to 15′
CHOOSE AND CUT TREES
**Cut-Your-Own Trees are CLOSED for the 2021 season.**
We offer a variety of Fraser & Balsam trees in a range of sizes.
- Varieties: Fraser & Balsam.
- Tree Lot Hours: 8:00 – 3:30 PM, with last entry at 3:00 pm.
- Open 7 Days/week
- Cut-your-own trees are $89 (tax included)
- We ask that you not be in the tree lot after 4:00pm for safety reasons (it gets very dark).
“THE MARRIAGE SAVER” Tree Stand AT SMOLAK FARMS
The Stand Strait Christmas Tree Stand – also known as “The Marriage Saver” – is available for sale with free tree drilling for owners of the stand. This stand is simply the best Christmas Tree Stand available. One drill hole in the base of the tree and your tree stands tall, straight, and stable. Two sizes are available to fit the size of your tree:
- 5-7 Foot Tree Stand: $39.99 + Tax
- 6-10 Foot Tree Stand: $47.99 + Tax
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR CHRISTMAS TREE
- When you return home with your tree and you are not putting it inside, cut one half inch off the bottom of the tree, place the base of the tree in water, and store in a cool place. Make sure the tree always has an adequate supply of water.
- When you are ready to bring the tree inside, cut one half inch off the bottom of the tree then place the tree in a tree stand that has enough water holding capacity for the stem diameter of the tree.A rule of thumb is one quart of water per inch of diameter stem. Always make sure the water level is above the base of the tree or a partial seal will form and reduce additional water absorption.
- Information on the tree stand label for the amount of water that a tree stand holds is based on an empty tree stand. Manufacturers do not take into account displacement of water by the tree trunk.
- The best tree preservative is plain water.
- Place the tree away from all heat sources, make sure all lights are safe to use, avoid combustible decorations, and turn off tree lights when away from home or in bed.
- A tree with high moisture levels significantly reduces needle loss and is almost impossible to ignite.