Smolak Farms is looking for someone part-time to help maintain the buildings, property, and equipment of our 170-acre multi-site farm business.
Join our team in running one of the most iconic and innovative farm businesses in the North East. Smolak Farms is a 300-year-old family farm located in the Northeast corner of Massachusetts, about 25 miles North of Boston and minutes from the New Hampshire border.
We are seeking a “jack of all trades” who is hardworking to assist the overall team with general upkeep of property, buildings, and equipment. Work will vary from day to day
Work may include:
- Repairing buildings, structures, and fences
- Installing signs, painting
- Small mechanical repair projects.
- Manual labor in order to improve the property
- Assisting agricultural staff, farm stand staff
- Cleaning and improving landscaping and public-facing areas
- Ideally you are self-managing and can help the team improve the overall state of the property
- Basic carpentry, repairing trim, building & repairing fences
- Installing/maintaining signage around the properties
- Landscaping experience a plus
- Light plumbing experience a plus
- Ability to drive standard, tractor experience a bonus
- Unloading/loading trucks
- Small engineer repair skills a plus
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and climb ladders
Applicants may be subject to drug testing. A successful candidate will undergo a CORI/SORI.
Valid driver’s license required.
Hours and Compensation:
This is a part-time position with a schedule that varies. Likely 15-20 hours per week at this time. This position is paid hourly, and compensation is based on experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org