CALL TO BOOK YOUR SCHOOL TOUR…(978) 687-4029 or email email@example.com.
TOURS BEGINNING IN MAY. SPRING AND SUMMER TOURS MAKE A GREAT FIELD TRIP OR SUMMER OUTING!
Available: May through November, Monday – Friday from 9:30 – 3:30.
Smolak Farms is the perfect place to bring your group or class to enjoy a guided hayride around the farm, learn about various aspects of our farm and farming, pick fruit in season, and then have a delicious cider donut and drink in our 160 year old historic barn. Our knowledgeable guides will lead your group in age appropriate narration and activities designed to give you a feel for life on our farm. Learn about the history of the farm as well as the different crops we grow. The children's ride will not only be educational but fun for everyone.
Each paid participant will receive:
- A tractor drawn hayride with detailed narration of the farm
- Fruit picking as available and in season. In spring and summer strawberries and blueberries are available to pick. In our busy fall months of September and October you will have your choice of apples (5 apples per person) or a sugar pumpkin.
- A visit to our 160-year-old barn for our famous apple cider donuts and a drink.
- A visit to our animal/playground area where picnic tables are available for your lunch.
Important Tour Information
Reservations and Cost
- Reservations are required.
- Cost is $7.00 per person (including all adults and children) from May – August.
- Cost is $8.00 per person (including all adults and children) in September and October for apple and pumpkin picking.
- A minimum of 15 people are required to book a tour.
- One teacher per class (20 – 25 students) is free.
- A non-refundable deposit of $140 is required for groups of 25 or more and a $70 deposit is required for groups smaller than 25 people. The deposit must be received by our office 3 weeks prior to your tour in order to guarantee your date and time slot.
Arrival and Check-In
- Groups should arrive 15 MINUTES prior to the tour's scheduled start time.
- An adult in charge must check in at the Education and Activities Office located next to the bus parking lot.
- The remaining balance for the entire group is payable in full prior to loading the wagon. There are no exceptions. We accept cash, checks, VISA or MasterCard. A $25 fee will be assessed for any check returned for any reason.
- Due to the large number of groups who reserve tours during our busy fall season, late arrivals or starts caused by groups may result in condensed or shortened tours. Please be on time.
Facilities, Weather and Dress
- Smolak Farms has portable toilets on the premises for our visitors.
- Please note that tours do go out rain or shine, except in severe weather conditions. All of our hay wagons are covered.
- Wagons cannot accommodate strollers or wheelchairs.
- Please have children dress appropriately for the weather e.g.; boots, raincoats, hats, jackets, mittens, etc. We also recommend that everyone wear closed-toe shoes.
- Cancelations by a group will result in the loss of the full deposit.
- Smolak Farms reserves the right to cancel any tour due to severe weather conditions. Should cancelation by Smolak Farms be necessary, we will notify your tour's contact person by approximately 7:30 AM on the day of the tour. In this situation, we will try to reschedule the tour. If this is not possible, a full refund of the deposit will be issued.
For questions or reservations please call (978) 687-4029 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.