CHRISTMAS TREE EDUCATIONAL TOUR
Have you ever wondered where your Christmas Tree comes from or how it gets to be so tall? Well, we can help answer some of those questions!
Smolak Farms offers the perfect Educational tour for the season! Through November and December the Smolak Farms Education staff will lead guided tours of the farm property with a stop in one of the tree fields. They will show you the tools needed to maintain these evergreen beauties, as well as discuss the practice that insures they are ready for your living room by the Christmas season. When the educational part wraps up, you will be invited inside the barn for yummy apple cider and donuts. Each child will leave with their own small evergreen to plant at home!
The cost is $8 per person.
CALL TODAY TO BOOK YOUR TOUR…(978) 687-4029 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TOURS GOING ON NOW. SUMMER TOURS MAKE A GREAT FIELD TRIP OR SUMMER OUTING!
Available: May through November, Monday – Friday from 9:30 – 3:30.
Tour Options: Honey Bee Educational Tour, Fruit Picking Tour (Strawberry, Blueberry, Apple or Pumpkin) in Season, Christmas Tree Educational Tour or Planting Educational Tour.
Smolak Farms is the perfect place to bring your group or class to enjoy a guided hayride around the farm, learn about various aspects of our farm and farming, pick fruit in season, and then have a delicious cider donut and drink in our 160 year old historic barn. Our knowledgeable guides will lead your group in age appropriate narration and activities designed to give you a feel for life on our farm. Learn about the history of the farm as well as the different crops we grow. The children’s ride will not only be educational but fun for everyone.
Each paid participant will receive:
- A tractor drawn hayride with detailed narration of the farm
- Fruit picking as available and in season. In spring and summer strawberries and blueberries are available to pick. In our busy fall months of September and October you will have your choice of apples (5 apples per person) or a sugar pumpkin.
- A visit to our 160-year-old barn for our famous apple cider donuts and a drink.
- A visit to our animal/playground area where picnic tables are available for your lunch.
All new this year! Ask about our lunch and ice cream add-on menu. Pricing varies per item. You may also add an extra activity to your visit. In May through August, add Animal Time with a visit to our petting area where you can meet some of our animals up close and personal. Or add the Bounce Garden for some bouncing and/or sliding fun. Lastly the Playground Experience will provide animal feed and a racing duck for each child to make their visit to the playground extra-special. The cost of any of our add-on activities is $6 per person.
Important Tour Information
Reservations and Cost
- Reservations are required.
- Cost is $8.00 per person (including all adults and children)
- A minimum of 15 people are required to book a tour.
- One teacher per class (20 – 25 students) is free.
- A non-refundable deposit of $140 is required for groups of 25 or more and a $70 deposit is required for groups smaller than 25 people. The deposit must be received by our office 3 weeks prior to your tour in order to guarantee your date and time slot.
Arrival and Check-In
- Groups should arrive 15 MINUTES prior to the tour’s scheduled start time.
- An adult in charge must check in at the Education and Activities Office located next to the bus parking lot.
- The remaining balance for the entire group is payable in full prior to loading the wagon. There are no exceptions. We accept cash, checks, VISA or MasterCard. A $25 fee will be assessed for any check returned for any reason.
- Due to the large number of groups who reserve tours during our busy fall season, late arrivals or starts caused by groups may result in condensed or shortened tours. Please be on time.
Facilities, Weather and Dress
- Smolak Farms has portable toilets on the premises for our visitors.
- Please note that tours do go out rain or shine, except in severe weather conditions. All of our hay wagons are covered.
- Wagons cannot accommodate strollers or wheelchairs.
- Please have children dress appropriately for the weather e.g.; boots, raincoats, hats, jackets, mittens, etc. We also recommend that everyone wear closed-toe shoes.
- Cancelations by a group will result in the loss of the full deposit.
- Smolak Farms reserves the right to cancel any tour due to severe weather conditions. Should cancelation by Smolak Farms be necessary, we will notify your tour’s contact person by approximately 7:30 AM on the day of the tour. In this situation, we will try to reschedule the tour. If this is not possible, a full refund of the deposit will be issued.
For questions or reservations please call (978) 687-4029 or email email@example.com.