2016 Activities Calendar of Events
Brief Summary of Fall & Winter Happenings at Smolak Farms
Continue reading below for Full details!
- FREE PARKING.
- FREE ENTRANCE ONTO SMOLAK FARMS PROPERTY.
APPLE PICKING DETAILS:
- Apple picking opens on Labor Day weekend!
- Open Saturday, Sunday & Monday
- Weekend PYO Hours: 8:30 – 4:30PM
- Weekday PYO Hours: 9-4
- Smolak Farms has several apple orchards at the Farm
- Orchards we are picking from may vary each weekend.
- Details will be posted on website.
- No entrance fee per person to enter orchards
- Apple picking is by the container. You purchase container prior to picking. picking. Several people may share a container.
- Peck size bags (10-12 lbs.) ~32 medium size apples: $20
- 1/2 Bushel bag (24 lbs) ~ 63 medium size apples: $35
- 1/2 Bushel Basket (about 75 apples) and the adorable apple basket is yours to keep. $40
- Labor Day Weekend Location: Bridal Patch Orchard. Follow path behind the Antique white barn until you arrive at the orchard area.
- Bridal Path Orchard contains:
- Cortland, McIntosh, Macoun, Golden Delicious, Imperial Red Macintosh, Paula Red, Puritan, Red Delicious, Gravenstein, Empire, Redmax, Northern Spy.
- Attendants will be in front of the Orchards to assist you with Map of Orchard & List of apple varieties available in the Orchard. Bags are purchased directly at the Orchard PYO station, not in the Farm Stand. Cash & Credit accepted in the orchard.
CHILDREN’S FESTIVAL AREA DETAILS:
(This is an Optional Activity for Farm Visitors)
Open every weekend in September & October
Open Labor Day & Columbus Day
Hours of operation: 10-4
Tickets for children: $15/each
Parents accompanying child into Children’s Festival area: FREE Admission
Infants & Children under 2 years old: FREE Admission. (Must be supervised by adult at all times)
Children’s Festival Pass includes unlimited access to the following activities:
- Wee Wagon Rides
- Cow Train Rides
- Duck (Water) races
- Mini Hay Bale Maze
- Face Painting
- Bounce House
- Super Slide
- Spin Art
- Animal Area
CORN MAZE DETAILS
Corn Maze Opens on September 10th.
Corn Maze remains open each weekend for remainder of September and October. Purchase weekend tickets at the Information Booth and directly at the corn maze.
Adults: $10. Children: $7. (See details above). Includes Maze Games.
Children under 2 years old enter Corn Maze for FREE.
Monday – Friday: Special weekday rates available. Purchase tickets in the Farm Stand for Monday-Friday entrance to Corn Maze: 10-4PM.
Fall Festivals & Apple Picking every weekend!
PYO apple hours: 8:30 – 4:30 on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
PYO Raspberries: 10-4. (Stop by White Gazebo/info booth)
$5 entrance fee/person over 2 for raspberries. The Entrance fee is deducted from final fruit purchase when you check out.
10th & 11th – Weekend Fall Festival. Corn Maze & Pumpkins open
17th & 18th – Weekend Fall Festival
24th & 25th – Weekend Fall Festival
1st, 2nd & 3rd – Weekend Fall Festival (3 Day weekend/Rosh Hashanah on Monday)
8th, 9th & 10th – Weekend Fall Festival – Columbus Day – 3 Day Weekend
October 9th: Newfoundland Dog Pumpkin Pull.
- Newfoundland Club of New England (NCNE) will be bringing their beautiful and friendly Newfies with small carts to transport your Pumpkins from the Pumpkin Patch to your automobile. Great photo opportunities for Dog lovers of all Ages. They will be available for Meet & Greet as well as photos with the Kids!
ALICE IN WONDERLAND CHARACTER HAYRIDE
STORYBOOK HAYRIDE ADVENTURE WITH ALICE & FRIENDS
When: October 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, & 30
Storybook Hayride Times: 10-4. (They depart continuously)
NO Advance reservations needed. Purchase tickets on day of event at Info booth. Children are encouraged to wear their costumes especially dressed as Alice of Wonderland: Through the Looking Glass characters!
Alice in Wonderland Hayride Adventure Tickets:
- $12/Child. (Includes sugar pumpkin, halloween candy, apple cider donut & Narrated Hayride & Skits with Alice and friends)
- Adults: $6. (Includes Character Hayride & an Apple Cider Donut)
- Infants & Children under 2 years of Age are FREE.
15th & 16th – Weekend Fall Festival
+ Alice in Wonderland Hayride Adventure (Details above)
22nd & 23rd – Weekend Fall Festival
+ Alice in Wonderland Hayride Adventure
29th & 30th – Fall Festival; Corn Maze
+ Alice in Wonderland Hayride Adventure
31st – Monday: Halloween – “Trick or Treaters” invited to visit the Farm Stand for a FREE special Spooky Treat.
Friday, November 11th: Veteran’s Appreciation Day at Smolak Farms.
Veterans Day. Every year on November 11, we as Americans take the time to recognize the heroes among us. They are the men and women who served in our armed forces. They are the veterans of the United States military.
THANK YOU CARDS FOR OUR VETERANS.
We invite you to stop by the Farm Stand on November 11 from 9-4 to create a handmade card of appreciation for our brave veterans. Smolak Farms will supply all the materials as well as complimentary cider & donuts for all participants. The cards will be given to our visiting Vets.
To all our Veterans, thank you for protecting our freedom and way of life with your courageous service!
Compliments of Smolak Farms, all Veterans are honored on Veteran’s Day with an ice cream sundae; apple cider donuts, apple cider and Smolak Farms preserves & other special treats. Vets, please stop by the bakery counter in the Farm Stand for details.
22: Final day to call in your Thanksgiving Pie Order.
24th – Thursday: Thanksgiving. Farm Stand Bakery open for Donuts & Thanksgiving Pie pick ups from 7:00 AM – Noon.
CHOOSE AND CUT TREES OPEN November 25th (No advance Tagging of Trees)
Tree Lot opens on November 25th. Huge assortment of wreaths, ornaments, gifts and Christmas decor in the Greenhouse and Farm Stand.
25th – Friday: North Andover Christmas Parade
26th – Saturday: Christmas on the Farm (Tree Lighting; Santa; Carolers)
27th – Sunday: Newfie Christmas Tree Pull
Meet Santa at our Tree Lighting on Saturday, November 26th
Every Friday in December – Cookie Decorating & Christmas Ornaments for Kids – 9am-12pm: Walk in (No reservations required). $3/Each; $5/Both. (Location: Farm Stand Greenhouse)
3rd – Saturday: Trees for Heroes (Private Event for Active Military Families sponsored by BAE)
4th – Sunday: Santa’s Workshop: 10:00 – 3:00 (Barn Downstairs)
10th: – Saturday: American Doll Breakfast (Xmas): 10:00 – 12:00 (Barn Up)
10th – Saturday: Santa’s Workshop – 10:00 – 3:00 (Barn Downstairs)
11th – Sunday: Tea with Mrs. Claus – 1:00 – 3:00 (Barn Upstairs)
11th – Sunday: Santa’s Workshop – 10:00 – 3:00 (Barn Downstairs)
17th – Saturday: Breakfast with Mrs. Claus – 10:00 – 12:00 (Barn Upstairs)
17th – Saturday: Gingerbread Workshop – 1:00 – 3:00 (Barn Upstairs)
17th – Saturday: Santa’s Workshop – 10:00 – 3:00 (Barn Downstairs)
18th – Sunday: Tea with Mrs. Claus – 10:00 – 12:00 (Barn Upstairs)
18th – Sunday: American Doll Tea (Xmas) – 1:00 – 3:00 (Barn Upstairs)
18th – Sunday: Santa’s Workshop – 10:00 – 3:00 (Barn Down)
Reservations Required for Mrs. Claus Breakfast, Tea Parties & Gingerbread Workshops:
Call: 978-687-4029 or email: Activities@smolakfarms.com
No Reservations needed for Santa’s Workshop, Tree Lighting or Cookie Decorating on Fridays.
Christmas Card Promotion: On Site Photos for Christmas Cards (Dates TBD)