2019 CSA HIGHLIGHTS
Fruits, Berries, Veggies, Herbs & Flowers
- 18-Week Summer Share CSA: June to October (pick-ups begin the week of June 17, 2019)
- Natural Growing Methods: Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Choice of pickup day: Wednesday or Thursday (12-6 PM)
- Choice of Half Share ($345) or Full Share ($680)
- Optional Add-On: Wooden Crate to transport CSA haul ($15)
2019 CSA shares are sold out
Final selections still to be determined for 2019 but may include some of the following:
Flowers: Members will receive an occasional bouquet of Seasonal flowers such as Zinnias & Sunflowers.
Half share: $345/season ($19/week)
Full share: $680/season ($38/week)
- The full 18-week season is paid-in-full at the time of registration.
- A half share should be enough produce to feed 2 people.
- A full share should be enough produce to feed 4 people.
- A Full Share contains twice the produce as a Half Share.
- Members have the option to purchase a wooden crate (handmade in Vermont) to transport the CSA Share for an additional $15. The crate is yours to keep!
Popular Add-on…. Ice Cream Share
We proudly serve Gifford’s Premium Ice Cream.
- Half Share of Ice Cream: 1 hand-packed Pint/week: $95 (~$5/week)
- Full Share of Ice Cream: 1 hand-packed Quart or 2 pints/week: $133 (~$7/week)
- 18-week Ice Cream Share
- Seasonal Flavor of Ice Cream, Frozen Yogurt, or Sorbet of your choice
At Gifford’s, ice cream is more than just a dessert. It’s a vacation from the everyday. Every rich, creamy flavor is crafted the old-fashioned way, at their family-owned creamery in Skowhegan, Maine, using only premium ingredients. The result is the kind of ice cream that brings you back – to those long, carefree summer days, where the only worry was how many days were left before school started.
CSA Member Benefits
- FREE 1 Dozen Apple Cider Donuts (VIP Card)
- FREE large carving Pumpkin at Halloween.
- FREE surplus produce & Swap Table on CSA Pick-up Days.
- Private, advance access to Antique Apple Orchard in season
- Optional Ice Cream Share Add-on. Great Value!
- 10% OFF all Farm Stand, Greenhouse & Ice Cream Stand purchases.
- 10% OFF Birthday Parties, Weddings & Private parties held at the Farm
- 10% OFF Workshops & Special Events
- 10% OFF all Pick your Own Fruits & Berries.
- 10% OFF WHIM “Farm to Table” Dinner Tickets
- 10% OFF “Picnic on the Farm” Packages
- 10% OFF Holiday Pies & Christmas Trees
- 20% OFF Festival Tickets.
- 20% OFF Hayrides
- Rewards Program. (Earn $25 for every $500. Your CSA Membership is eligible to earn awards.
- Loyalty Cards (Ice Cream & Coffee: Buy 10, Get 1 FREE)
- One BOGO FREE Ice Cream Voucher.
- Weekly Member Newsletter with Special Events, Tips & Recipes
- Place Advance Orders: Ready for you on CSA pick up day.
What is Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)?
At their most fundamental level, CSA farms provide a weekly delivery of sustainably grown produce to consumers during the growing season (June – October). Those consumers in turn pay a membership fee. A CSA joins farmers and local consumers creating a community. As a CSA Member, you will have a direct relationship with Smolak Farms, sharing in the bounty of each harvest of fresh picked berries, fruits, vegetables and herbs. You also share in the risk. All fruits and vegetables are subject to availability. Substitution of other crops will replace any shortfall of a crop that has not produced as expected. Please note that Mother nature dictates when all crops are ready so we cannot guarantee quantities by specific dates.
What Makes the Smolak Farms CSA Different?
THE FRUIT! Due to our extensive fruit orchards and berry patches, we provide you with ripe, delicious seasonal fruits and berries fresh from our fields. We grow: Cherries, Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries, Plums, Peaches, Nectarines, Watermelon, Cantaloupe & Apples. If you would like extra fruit for baking or preserves, CSA Members receive a 10% discount on all pick-your-own (PYO) fruit and berries throughout the entire growing season. We also offer Exclusive Discounts & Special Surprises to our valued CSA members. Look for a crop of our famous Apple Cider Donuts! Members also earn Smolak Farms Gift Cards through our NEW Customer Loyalty Program.
We Reward our Loyal Customers: Earn $25 Gift Cards!
CSA Members are automatically enrolled in our NEW Customer Loyalty Program and earn a $25 Gift Card for every $500 in Smolak Farm purchases. Your CSA Membership, all Farm Stand, Bakery, Ice Cream & Greenhouse purchases, WHIM dinners, Picnics, Festival tickets as well as booking Birthday Parties all count towards earning awards. Full Share Members instantly earn a $25 Smolak Farms Gift Certificate! Half share CSA Member registrations also count towards earning rewards. Members also receive Frequent Buyer Cards (Buy 1, Get 1 FREE) for Coffee & Ice Cream. One BOGO FREE Ice Cream Voucher will be provided to each member.
How Fresh is the Produce?
We are fully committed to delivering outstanding value, customer service and the freshest, tastiest assortment of fruits, berries, herbs and vegetables in New England!
FRESH PRODUCE! All produce will be picked fresh early in the morning on the day of pick up and carefully placed in wooden crates to preserve quality and insure that each member receives the same assortment and quantity of produce, no matter what time of the day you arrive.
When/Where Do I Pick Up The Produce?
Pickup days for your CSA will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis. The shares will be available for a Wednesday or Thursday pickup from 12 noon to 6PM. All produce will be freshly picked, washed and boxed the day of pickup. All pickups will be at Smolak Farms in North Andover, MA. Choose your day carefully as it is not an option to switch days once the season has started. The pick up location is in a protected area next to the Ice Cream Stand. There is ample parking in front of the Farm Stand as well as behind the Farm Stand, close to the pick up location.
What happens to my share if I travel or go on vacation?
If you go away on vacation, you may Gift your Share to a friend or family member. You will receive a CSA Membership Card with pick-up instructions by the end of May. The card must be shown at time of pickup. You may have anyone pick up your share in your absence as long as your “Agent” presents your Membership Card during the assigned pick up day, time and location. If you are unable to arrange for someone else to pick up your share, please notify us via email at CSA@smolakfarms.com at least 24 hours in advance so we may offer your produce to other CSA Members or donate to local charities.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Forgotten shares will no longer be eligible for replacement or credit. Unclaimed shares DO NOT accumulate while you are on vacation. There are no exceptions to this policy.
What if I am running late?
To insure you receive the highest quality produce, picked fresh specifically for you, we ask our Members to make every effort to arrive during the pick up hours of Noon and 6 PM on your assigned pick up day. The Pick-up Table is dismantled and closed by 6:15 PM. If you have an emergency and are unable to arrive on time, please email the CSA administrator. In the email please provide your Name; Membership #; Pick up Day; “Half” or “Full” Share & Estimated Time of arrival. If you notify us prior to closing time, we will make every effort to arrange for you to pick up your share between 6:15 PM and 8:30 PM at the Ice Cream Stand window. Please DO NOT arrive late at night looking for your share without giving us prior notice.
Keeping us informed when you are not able to make your pick up avoids beautiful, fresh picked produce from spoiling and eliminates an unnecessary waste of food others could enjoy. Please be considerate and remember that we harvest and reserve a specific allotment of produce specifically for you. We have over 400 Full and Half Shares we are managing each week.
Any unclaimed shares will be offered to other Members or donated to a local food pantry.
We value your feedback.
If you experience a problem with your CSA Membership, one of our products or customer service, please let us know immediately. We’ll do what we can to make it right. To avoid potential problems, we ask you to take the time to inspect your produce carefully at pick up before leaving so we can make any necessary adjustments. You are responsible for picking up your CSA during your assigned time slot and transporting & storing it properly.
978-682-6332 (ext. 0)